Sunday, September 02, 2007

The Break-Up

It's so sad. Shrimp, my long time numero uno favourite food and I have had a falling out. It's not the first time, but I chose to forgive my buddy Shrimp when it landed me in the hospital over a year ago. But fool me once, Shrimp, shame on you. Fool me twice, well, SCREW YOU!

I rather enjoyed you last night, Shrimp, in your lovely wine sauce with tomatoes and peppers over spaghettini. But, DAMN YOU, you sneaky little sea varmint!!! We are SO OVER! Because of you, I spent the better part of the night and now dawn sitting on my toilet with a puke-filled bucket in my hands. My apartment reeks, and I can feel in the pit of my stomach you're not through with me yet.

You make me sick.

1 comment:

Kevin Kim said...

Pictures, please.

On a more serious note, I hope all's well, or at least getting better. Is this food poisoning like last time, or is it more like that scene in "Hitch" where poor Hitch goes into anaphylactic shock because he's allergic to seafood? I'm asking because you mentioned this is the second time the shrimp have betrayed you. If it's food poisoning, then there's no need to swear off shrimp because it's a matter of eating good shrimp as opposed to the rancid kind. If it's allergies, then yeah, you and all of shrimpdom are in Splitsville.

Anyway, whatever the problem is, get well!


Kevin